I have had some days in Lilongwe (LL) now, came back on Monday with a minibus, quite pleasant trip if I can say that, and I met up with some friends here. We had some beers in a bar, and some more, and finally we went to a nightclub. Going out dancing in this country is so much fun! A lot more fun than back home, cause here everybody dances! And of course everybody are such good dancers, so you have to have your confidence right to be comfortable at the dance floor!
Tuesday I woke up and really wanted to go to the lake! So, the benefit of having good friends with cars made that possible. It was just a short trip, one sleepover at Cool Runnings in Senga Bay, and it was even an early evening, cause I was kinda tired after last night. So to bad at 8.30pm and up at 7.30am. I had my beauty sleep you can say. But it was so nice to come back there, and as everywhere else, nothing had changed. It was good to see Tiger and Isaac again, the rastaguys at the beach there. They are always so funny and smiling, and of course always high on whatever it is they are smoking. It is very easy to get hold of cannabis in this country, they grow much of it here, its called Malawian Gold. For myself I am not smoking that stuff, but a lot of people do, and so many places you go you get the question if you want some Gold. There is no pressure of any kind, just like if they ask you if you need a newspaper or a bottle of Coke.
We all came back early from the lake, left around twelve, and on our way back we stopped at a private girls boarding school. One of the guys cousin went there, so we stopped to check on her and give her some pocket money. It was a nice school, approx 140 pupils in three different standards (classes), I think they where all in the age from 14 to 17, and they all stay at the school there.
When we came to LL I went to buy some tickets for the Lake Of Stars festival, I already had mine, but there was some people in Nkhoma that needed theirs. Here we pay for a full three day festival 310 NOK, or 54 USD. And it is actually three full days. And it is so nice! The program this year is also so great, check it out on www.lakeofstars.org
Last night I was invited with some of my fellow Norwegians to a very nice restaurant in City Center. It was a Chinese restaurant and we had the most beautiful meal! The food was so good, so if your looking for a good Chinese restaurant when you are ever in LL you should find Golden Peacock Hotel.
So I met all these new Norwegians, some had been here for long, some just for a few weeks. But it was very nice people all of them, most of them working in the hospital where I am going to be, and it is good to have some more contacts around town.
This morning I am going to come with Jessi and James to the airport to pick up Isabelle. We are going straight back to Nkhoma, spending the night there, and then leaving for Lake Of Stars tomorrow morning.
Reading this makes me even more stoked about leaving for the festival in only one day! Looking forward to seeing you there :) Yay!
ReplyDelete