Thursday, October 6, 2011

4/10/11 - Lake Of Stars


Thursday we picked up Isabelle at the airport. It was so nice to see her again, missed that sweet girl! Its sad shes not staying for more than two weeks, and that I am not in Nkhoma to spend more time with her. I will try to go there more this week to see her and the others, since I'm not starting work yet.
I spent Thursday to Friday in Nkhoma, had dinner at jessis house, and slept at Gunhild and Ingrids house. Gunhild and I left early to go to Lake Of Stars. Its a long trip to Mangochi, about four hours driving, its hot and sunny, but the roads are not too bad.
We arrived around 1pm, and the place is just as beautiful as I remembered! We set up our tents and jumped in the water. More people came later that afternoon, and the party started! There was a lot of good concerts, and we just sat in the sand listening, sometimes up dancing, and the mood is just perfect! Everybody is so happy and chilled, and the whole festival is just perfect! That night some of us just stayed up all night dancing and enjoying, and the next day was a bit exhausting. Chilling in the shades, sleeping (in the shade!) and the evening came with more good concerts, and the best was Freshlyground, a big band from South Africa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nUAarErp5Y
This evening was not a late one for me. I went to bed around midnight, Slept like a baby all night through, and was ready and fit next day. We spent some hours in the sun, in the water, chatting, chilling, and most Nkhoma-people wennt back earlier. Since I was going to Lilongwe I didnt go with them, cause I went with Mike and his friends that also was going to Lilongwe. But in the afternoon they all found out that they where not going this day, because the driver was too tired, and I was happy to hear that, cause to go that far, and even at night, with a tired driver, does not feel safe. So the responsible driver he was, he went early to bed that night, and was ready to leave the next morning at 7am. The others of us stayed up late, dancing, chilling, and there was stilll a lot of people there, and also my friends from Holland, Piet and Enno.
I think I could stay at that place forever, its so beautiful, and so much fun. Wish we had festivals like that at home.
Monday I spent the afternon at home, just went to town to do some shopping for dinner, and I made fish fingers and rice for Tone and Frida. But I didnt manage to finish the dinner completely before there was a blackout, but we had a few fish fingers and the rice was finished.

This week I hope to have a meeting with the nurse in charge of the ward i'm going to work in, I emailed her so we'll see when I get a response.
And I hope to go to Nkhoma.

I have now a postbox here, so if you want to send me something, I recommend to send not to big packeges, and I think it will be good if it looks kind of official, it tends to come faster then.

Linn-Kristin Hatlebrekke
P.O. BOX 3360
Lilongwe
Malawi

And my phonenumber +265991590095

No comments:

Post a Comment