Friday, March 30, 2012

30/3/12 - On the move...

This has been a tough week...

On Monday I was told to move from the house where I have lived for the last six months. There was a new midwife coming, together with her 18 year old daughter, and since I have just lived there on Bergen and Haukelands good will, I was now told to move, to make room for them, even though there is still a spare room. It was not Tone or Fridas decision that I had to move, they both wanted me to stay very much. And I wished I could have stayed there, cause now I’m living at this “expensive” (for my budget) and not too nice guesthouse/lodge, while I’m looking for another place to stay. And there could be a lot of good places to stay, but my issue is that I need it to be in walking distance to the hospital. I am not a stranger to take the minibuses, but you can never rely on them, and you can never know when you get to be at work, or even home in the afternoons, especially with my colleagues coming to work whenever they feel like it, and I am not comfortable with the thought of walking alone outside after dark.
A foggy moist morning

So the last few days have been up and down, some crying, some helplessness, some frustration, some sadness. This was mostly down I guess, but that’s how it feels.

And if I don’t find a place to live soon, I cant stay in Malawi for much longer, cause I’m gonna spend all my money on expensive guesthouses. But I think it will work out, it always does, for good girls...

I’m gonna go see some places tomorrow, and I have taken some days off to get everything sorted and in place, I just told the people at work that if I can't take these days off, to find a new house, I’m gonna have to leave soon. So they were OK with it! ;-)



Cross your fingers for me!



Eliseo and Maureen
On Sunday Maureen, Eliseo and Svein Elias came to Malawi. Maureen is in Livingstone, Zambia, doing some practicals as a social worker student. She arrived in February and is staying for three months. So when Elias and Eliseo came to visit her, they are now taking a round trip to see different places. And luckily I had taken my day off on Monday, to have a long weekend, and it was perfect, cause they came quite unannounced. It was very nice to see them, and also a bit strange to have them here in Malawi.

Since there is not very much to see in Lilongwe, we just had a quick drop-in in town, before we went to my former house to enjoy the pool. They left already the next day for Lake Malawi.

Gunhild has also left Malawi now, she went to Zambia on Tuesday, for one week, before she goes to Ethiopia, and then Norway. I’m gonna miss her big time! She has been a dear friend here!



So today its Friday, I’m in my room, listening to music, not too keen on hanging with all the backpackers that stay here. Or maybe I should...? Just to do something? Get my troubled mind focused on something else? We'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Ja gjør det:) å henge med folk er mye bedre enn å sitte å tenke for mye:) og så kan du jo bare gå når du føler for det hvis det blir helt feil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Linn,
    Går det bra med deg?
    Hilsen Torben

    ReplyDelete