Wednesday, October 26, 2011

26/10/11 - Sick, pool party and visitor coming

Lucky

Buddy

I have been sick for two days now. Stomach trouble. No fun at all. Every time I put something in my mouth I have to run to the toilet... Exhausting! I have no idea if it is something I ate, but my mum thinks so, she says I eat too many strange things.
I am feeling a bit better today, so hopefully I can go to work tomorrow. And I am sick of my bed and my room, my computer and True Blood and water and ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution that tastes like shit!) and dry bread and my toilet. And the fact that I have a beautiful garden and pool but don’t have the energy to use it!
At least I am in a new room here, we changed on Monday, so now Tone and Frida has a bedroom each upstairs, together with Kari and Ole in the master bedroom, and I am downstairs. I really like my new room, and finally I can make it a bit personal and decorate it, I didn’t do that before, because I knew I was gonna move.
There is five people in the house now. Last week two new people arrived, Kari, a midwife for Voss, and Ole, a gynecologist from Voss/Denmark. They are both gonna work in Ethel Mutharika Maternity Wing, the same wing as me, but Kari will be in the labor ward, and I think Ole will be in Gynae with me.
This weekend we had a pool opening party at the house. It was really nice, the weather was of course very nice, and people came from Nkhoma (Gunhild and Webster) and I also had some friends from town here. We had prepared snacks and there was a lot of drinks. We really enjoyed, and later on we went out to a club, Tone, Anne, Gunhild, Webster, Mike, Rich, Ben and me. We went to Zanzi Bar, there was a DJ from South Africa, DJ Cleo, playing, and it was so crowded! We could hardly dance for the crowds! But it was fun! We also met more friends there.
Sunday we all spent the day by the pool, I of course got my first real sunburn now, on my back, nowhere else, cause I spent most of the day on a floating mattress in the pool.

We have a maid in the house now, she is here every weekday, and she cleans and dusts and irons. I love the fact that I don’t have to iron my uniforms. The other stuff is OK, but ironing, I hate it!
And we have two dogs! One we have had for a while, Buddy, but on Sunday Tone went and got us a puppy! She is so cute! Lucky. They are both from Lilongwe SPCA http://www.lilongwespca.org/
Buddy was about to be buried alive, after a life with abuse and neglect, when he was rescued by someone that had contacted LSPCA.
Lucky was being sold by the road. People do that a lot here, you see it almost everyday, people standing by the road, holding up cute puppies or kittens, to sell them, something that is illegal in the country. So every time we see someone that does this, we call the LSPCA and they can collect the animals.

Last week I got a nice message from Merete from Finse. She is coming to Malawi, to visit me and also to go to Mozambique and other places. Its always nice with visitors! Especially since I haven’t seen here in at least two years! And I will get my “Norway Bag”, a bag full of things from Norway! Makrell i tomat! Mårpølse! Melkesjokolade! Nam nam!

No comments:

Post a Comment